Heres a picture of the latest version of the new 3D scanner design, the view is from the underside showing the gear train to the scanning platform (designed using extensive help from this website).
The gear ratio is 3 to 1 giving 600 steps per revolution from a standard 200 steps per revolution stepper motor, this will be a pretty big increase to the radial scanning resolution which has never been great in the previous versions of the scanner. There’s still plenty of work to do before the design can be sent to the laser cutters, but i’m managing to chip away at bits and pieces when i have free moments.
All the plans and 3D models are going to be stuck up on git hub at some point under a creative commons license, although i’m probably going to wait until the design is mostly finished before i do that.
Tag Cloud2 Stroke 3D Modeling 3D scanner Arduino artificial intelligence audio B.S Johnson Bundle c++ Caduntu Camera Cannon SX200 IS chaos clock CNC command line compression computer vision delta robot Desktop CNC machine Diy Electronics Engine evolutionary algorithms fix FPGA fractal Guitar Guitar amplifier image processing Infra-red Inverse Kinematics IplImage Kindle Kinect klann linkage Laser Lens error restart camera libfreenect Light Field london Maker Faire Markov Chains Markov Models Meshlab Mic microphone Moped Nonsense words opencv open hardware OpenKinect Openscad papilio Photography Plotter protable amp Puch pyglet PyQt python QImage Qt rep-rap robot Robot arm sequencer Spartan3E synthesizer tar.gz time slicing undleBundle video work in progress Xillinx
- @AskHalifaxBank I gave them a ring and they weren't able to help (asked me to retry things). Is there any way to ge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @AskHalifaxBank I've tried: Linux laptop using Chrome and Firefox MacBook using Safari Android using Chrome Mobile… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @AskHalifaxBank I've tried multiple different browsers to submit the reset password form, but when I click continue… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @AskHalifaxBank I think the password reset form on you website is broken. Tried using multiple different browsers o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @elvum Ohh nice! I hadn't come across that one before. 3 months ago